Permanent or semi-permanent makeup also called micropigmentation is the process of implanting color pigment beneath the surface of the skin by means of a tiny, sterile, disposable needle to produce the appearance of cosmetic makeup or to enhance the natural feature of the face.
The purpose of permanent makeup is to enhance the natural features of a client and/or correct small imperfections such as asymmetric proportions, it is meant to be a natural looking beauty enhancement, that is why it looks softer and more subtle. Body tattoos use ink, permanent makeup involve pigments designed to gently fade over time. Fading is desired as it allows the technician to make changes to color and shape over the years as client’s natural coloration and facial changes occur.
A highly-effective, topical anesthetic are used for numbing before and during your procedure. Pain threshold levels vary from person to person and every effort is made to ensure you remain comfortable for the entirety of the procedure. Having this service performed during your menstrual cycle may increase discomfort during your procedure, as well as increase the chance of bleeding which in turn affects the color retention of a pigment in the skin. If you were diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, be aware that this may affect your sensitivity tolerance to the procedure.
PLEASE NOTE: If you’ve ever had problems numbing in the past (at the dentist etc.) please inform us prior to your appointment. If you are a frequent smoker, the topical anesthetics used during the treatment may not last as long.
The technician will take six measurements on your brow bone using a specialized protractor made just for permanent makeup procedures. Once the technician feels The shape is the correct proportion for your face they will check it with you (alterations can be done to change the shape) so you can both approve it to begin the service!
Please make sure you have enough time to complete a proper permanent makeup procedure. You should plan on 2.5-3 hours in the office. This time includes consultation, paper work, proper numbing, procedure, aftercare instructions and pictures. None of these activities should be rushed. Follow up procedures usually do not require the same amount of time.
It is absolutely safe. We follow the highest hygiene and safety standards, using the single-use disposable needles and supplies. This means that each set-up for each client is discarded safely afterwards. Procedural stations is thoroughly disinfected before opening and after each procedure during the day.
Absolutely NOT. If you have natural brow hairs, your artist will work with what you have, subtly integrating their work to suit your natural brow style. Please do not alter your brows in any way prior to your procedure as your technician will clean up the area during the service.
The procedure price varies from salon to salon. The current pricing for eyebrows by Merci Beauty is as follows:
- PRICING WITH MASTER ARTIST LAUREN
- Microblading: $825
- Powder brow: $800
- Combo (blading and powder): $850
- *Corrections are normally $875 but can vary from person to person*
- Pricing for apprentice Paula: $450 for mircobalding with touchup included
- *Discounts do not apply to apprentice pricing*
- NOTE: These prices are subject to change at any time unless you already have your appointment booked then your price will be locked in.
- We accept cash, cards, or venmo. Cards may be subject to tax.
Yes we have a range of colors from blondes to brunette, over 30 shades. We will choose a tone to suit your natural hair as well as your overtone and undertone of your skin.
The pigments used for permanent makeup are FDA approved and have been strictly tested for safe use, a patch test may perform 24 hrs before the procedure to determinate if you have an allergic reaction which is considered rare. The pigments used in permanent makeup come in a variety of colors. Some of them specially formulated with iron oxide, an ingredient safe for the skin, your body absorb it as mineral irons.
Everyone is different, but as a general rule the surface skin generally heals between 3-7 days after the treatment, and 10-14 days below the surface. Many people will return to work the same day after a treatment.
This varies from person to person because skin type, diet, genetics and environmental factors can all contribute to how long the pigments will be retained.
As a guide, it could be anything between one to three years before a new treatment is required, although refresher color boosts are recommended for maintenance during this time. Once the color starts to fade you will know that you are ready for your refresher color boost. It is important to remember that permanent make-up is a “low”, not a “no” maintenance treatment.
- Before the appointment begins, the artist will provide a consultation and cleanse your brows thoroughly.
- The artist then draws on the eyebrow shape according to the golden ratio using measuring tools. Brows are measured perfectly to complement your unique face shape and size.
- Next, the artist begins the topical numbing process.
- Once numbed, the procedure then begins and the initial strokes are placed.
- Pigment is worked into each stroke to define the brow.
- When your shape is completed, a pigment mask is left to absorb into the skin.
- Once that’s finished, the artist cleans the area thoroughly and applied a medical barrier cream that will help condition the skin and protect the brows.
Strictly no coffee/ alcohol/ aspirins or any other form of pain killers 48 hours before your appointment. Please also inform us if you are taking any supplements, for example fish oil tablets, as these will affect how your treatment will heal. No sunlight or tanning beds for at least 1 week prior to treatment. If your skin is tanned or burned we will not be able to preform the service.
- Breastfeeding (treatment is possible, though anesthetic will not be possible)
- On keloids or if you have tendency to keloid, birthmarks or moles.
- Serious diseases such as cancer, epilepsy, autoimmune disorders (doctor’s note is required)
- Circulatory disorders (doctor’s note is required)
- Any bleeding disorders (doctor’s note is required)
- You’re taking blood thinning medication
- Currently on Accutane or other strong retinoids (must wait until 6 months after treatment ends)
- If any skin diseases symptoms or irritation appears on the area.
- You’ve recently had Botox or Disport treatment (must wait 2 months)
- Old permanent makeup
- You have a broken capillary in the eyebrows area
- If you have a sunburn.
After waxing (must wait 3 days)
- After chemical peels (must wait three weeks)
The permanent makeup costs not as much as you spend for hairstyling, facial sessions, nail care, etc. The permanent makeup will last for a long time until some “refresh” might be required, therefore, it will not cost much compared to regular expenses for keeping your everyday look.